DG’S NEGLIGENCE CAUSES ABANDONEMENT OF RANGA BANDARANAYAKE’S CHRISTMAS TELE

Ranga’s Christmas teledrama abandoned due to SLRC DG’s negligence!

 

The filming of a Christmas-themed teledrama, which was to be created by award-winning veteran television programe producer Ranga Bandaranayake, had been abandoned due to the delay in Sri Lanka Rupavahini Corporation (SLRC) Director General Ajantha Senaviratne’s giving approval.

SLRC sources said the director general has deliberately neglected to approve the relevant file.

This is said to be the first time in the history of the SLRC that filming of a teledrama has been abandoned due to the director general’s failure to approve a file. Hence, SLRC employees said Ajantha Seneviratne has also made history as the first SLRC director-general to not approve a drama owing to his negligence.

However, there has been an allegation that Mr. Seneviratne has been given instructions to abandon the teledrama by a higher-up at the SLRC connected to the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP).

Meanwhile, it was reported that during a meeting held on Christmas themed programs, all the proposed programs have been stopped and an order has been made that only the programs created according to the wishes of Mr. Seneviratne should be produced.

It was reported that he has already started working with an external agency in this regard.

However, SLRC workers believe that the filming of the teledrama has been stopped in order to buy a teledrama from another party.

They said that this is a money making job.

Meanwhile, the SLRC administration has been accused of financial irregularities during the Australian cricket team’s visit to Sri Lanka and the FIFA World Cup tournament.

 

UP NEXTWestern Hospital’s Prof. Rezvi to be arrested?

DON’T MISSProtesters hurl rotten tomatoes at Tamil MPs!

BIZ

CBSL imposes penalties on 5 banks

The Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) has imposed financial penalties on five banks for non-compliance with the provisions of the Financial Transactions Reporting Act, No. 6 of 2006 (FTRA).

Penalties have been imposed on DFCC, Bank of Ceylon, People’s Bank, National Development Bank and the National Savings Bank

The CBSL further said that the money collected as penalties were credited to the Consolidated Fund.

 

CONTINUE READING

NEWS

Enrollment for Grade one, A/L only done by schools: Ministry

The Education Ministry announced today that the admission of children to grade one is done only by the respective schools and not through the Ministry.

When applying for A/L studies based on the 2022 Ordinary Level (OL) results, students from schools without an Advanced Level subject stream, should send their application forms to the relevant school. The ministry said those applications should not be forwarded to the ministry.

Admission to intermediate classes in 2022 for the third term of this year has been halted as of December 5.

The admission of students for intermediate classes in the year 2023 will be done by considering the applications forwarded to the schools based on the vacancies available in the schools after the end of the third school term of the year 2022 on March 24, 2023, the Ministry said.

At present, only circulars issued by the Education Ministry are being dealt with in this manner, they said.

(dailymirror.lk)

 

CONTINUE READING

NEWS

Driver involved in Kollupitiya fatal accident flees to Dubai hours after accident

The driver of the Mercedes car, a 24-year-old businessman Mohammad Ryzul Rizzaq, who was involved in a fatal accident in Kollupitiya on Saturday morning while returning from a night club, had left for Dubai hours after the accident, police said.

Police Spokesman SSP Nihal Thalduwa said the suspect had reportedly left for Dubai at around 9.55 a.m on Saturday, hours after the fatal accident.

Investigations revealed that the suspect has three Mercedes cars under his name in Sri Lanka and the payments for those vehicles were received from Dubai. Police also recorded a statement from the suspect’s mother.

A 58 year-old man, a three-wheeler driver from Kahathuduwa, had died when a luxury car (Mercedes) returning from a night club smashed against a three wheeler in Kollupitiya.

The driver of the car fled the scene after the accident. Police said three women and another man were in the car at the time of the accident and the two women aged 29 and 31 were also injured and admitted to the Colombo National Hospital.

The Kollupitiya police have recorded statements from the other two passengers who were in the car.

It was reported that the suspect driver had two addresses, one in Dehiwala and another in Wellampitiya. However, he was staying in a luxury room at a leading Colombo hotel.

Police said the suspect was partying from Friday evening till around 5 a.m on Saturday at the club and three women who were inside the car at the time of the accident met him at the night club.

SSP Thalduwa said that police had sought INTERPOL assistance to bring back the suspect.

The Kollupitiya Police are investigating.

(dailymirror.lk)

 

CONTINUE READING
ADVERTISEMENT